The mine at Litlabø was in operation from 1865 to 1968, and had the most up to 400 employees. In the old mining smithy the story is told through image, artifacts and a large model of the area. Here lies a restored working residence with interiors from the 1950s. One can take the train around the mining area, see the historical exhibit in the smithy, environmental exhibition in the working residence and the old Børtveit power station in the Lifthouse.
More information at www.gruo.no, or call (+47) 41 54 74 75 or (+47) 95 19 75 05